Who is RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE)?
A Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE®) is a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who is ready to automate Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® tasks, integrate Red Hat emerging technologies, and apply automation for efficiency and innovation.
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills or require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DoD 8570 directive)
- Students who have taken Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294) and are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Students who are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Systems administrators who want to demonstrate competency in managing multiple systems
- IT professionals who work in a DevOps environment and want to demonstrate competency in automating part of their workload
- Red Hat Certified Engineers who are noncurrent or who are about to become noncurrent and wish to recertify as RHCEs
Prerequisites for Exam
- Have either taken both Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) or RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199), or have comparable work experience as a system administrator on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Have taken Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294) or have comparable work experience
Exams and Trainings
Required exam Recommended training(s)
EX294 - Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam Red Hat System Administration III (RH294)